you'll need a package of fettuccine, cilantro, one red and one yellow pepper (i used green here because it's all i had but it really is better with the red and yellow), chicken stock, 1-2 jalapenos, red onion, soy sauce, lime juice, tequila (or extra lime juice like me if you don't cook with alcohol) and chicken breasts.
start by chopping your cilantro--you need about 1/2 cup of it. pour it into a sauce pan with 2 tbsp. butter,
then add your jalapenos. if you leave the seeds, beware, it WILL be spicy.
cook and stir together for about 5 minutes or until wilty.
saute your peppers and onions with 2 tbsp. butter
and cook until soft.
once your greens are cooked and wilted,
pour in 1/2 cup of chicken stock,
and 6 tablespoons of lime juice (or 4 tablespoons lime juice and 2 tbsp. tequila, if you're so inclined).bring to a boil, and cook until it has a paste-like consistency.
pour your soy sauce over the diced chicken and set aside for 5 minutes.when your paste is ready, it should look like this:
now pour in your chicken and soy sauce,
pour in your cup and a half of cream,
stir, and bring to a boil.
boil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
camera battery died, so no pictures of this, but next add in your peppers and onions, then toss with your cooked fettuccine.
serve with freshly-grated parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, and a lime wedge.
make it tonight. you'll thank me (and brit) later.
CPK's Chicken Tequila Fettuccine
- 1 pound dry spinach fettuccine(i just use regular fettuccine)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic (i use bottled)
- 1-2 jalapenos, minced (remove seeds and veins for less heat if desired)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp gold tequila (I don't cook with alcohol, so I just add 2 more tbsp of lime juice)
- 4 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice (I've also used bottled and it tastes just fine)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pound chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- lime wedges, Parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes for garnish
1. In large saucepan, cook cilantro, garlic and jalapeno in 2 tbsp butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until wilted. In a second pot, boil water for spinach fettuccine.
2. In a saute pan, begin sauteing the peppers and onion in 2 tbsp of butter over medium heat until soft.
3. To large saucepan with cilantro/jalapenos/garlic, add stock, tequila and lime juice. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until reduced to a paste like consistency; set aside.
4. Pour soy sauce over diced chicken; set aside for 5 minutes. Add to saucepan, along with cream and bring to a boil. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and sauce is thick (about 5 minutes). Add sauteed veggies to sauce mixture and toss with cooked spinach fettuccine. Serve with lime wedge and Parmesan cheese.
(yeah that's right, the last 2 recipes are from brit. you should really check out her blog and try some of her recipes. they're ALL good. really.)